Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wicked!!







Tonight I went to see Wicked with Lene. They call it "The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz," and it was fabulous! The sets and costumes were amazing and songs were great. Plus, the singers were amazing, as well (I think the lady who played Alphaba was crying at curtain down after the sanding o-Lene thought maybe she is an understudy?). The best thing about the musicals that play in London for a long time is that there is a lot of money invested into converting the theatre so the sets look so fabulous and intricate all around.
The show has a really nice story and is also funny. And they had flying monkeys, which is always fun. I definitely recommend it if a traveling company happens to stop by! Because I would go see it again (but I really want to see Spamalot again, though). That's the Emerald City sparkling in the middle, by the way.

No comments: